Detailed course information 2018 will be available latest by the beginning of December.
Preliminary course list of Helsinki Summer School 2018:
- 21st-century Digital Storytelling
- Air quality in China
- Cooperative Law for Sustainable Development
- Diversities of Religions and Worldviews in Public Education
- English as a Lingua Franca: New practices, new norms?
- Environmental Ethics in a Global Context
- Feminist Research in the Social Sciences and Humanities
- Finnish Education System from the Perspective of Comparative Education Research
- Global Poverty, Human Rights and Development
- Heavy Metal Music in Contemporary History and Society
- Intensive Finnish Course
- Interculturality in a New Global World: China’s One Belt One Road as an Example
- Introduction to Conceptual History
- Managing Sustainable Forest Landscapes
- Political Humour in the Hybrid Media System
- Populism in Europe and Beyond
- Problems of Democracy in the Eastern EU countries
- Rhetoric-performative, Post-foundational Analysis in Social Sciences and Humanities
- Welfare City or Gentrification?
Helsinki Summer School offers courses that cover a wide range of academic fields and multidisciplinary topics. The courses organised by the University of Helsinki, a leading university, are designed to challenge and inspire you in a learning environment that promotes equality. All courses in HSS 2018 start on the 8th of August and all students are expected to take part in the opening ceremony on the 7th of August.