The heart and soul of Helsinki Summer School is its wide range of fully-credited courses, all of which are taught in English. Helsinki Summer School offers courses for students doing their Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree. The number of credits (ECTS) given varies depending on the scope of the course. Because of the demanding and intensive nature of our courses, students may be enrolled in only one course at a time.
HSS Courses 2015, University of Helsinki
NB! Some minor changes to the course titles are still possible. The descriptions in the column on the left are from 2014, they will be updated by the end of the year 2014.
1. Baltic Sea Catchment: Limnological Characteristics from Headwaters to the Baltic Sea
2. Challenges of Democratic Development in Eastern Europe
3. Cognitive Neuroscience
4. Co-operative Enterprise Law
5. Dealing with the Other - Developing Critical Intercultural Awareness of Selfness and Otherness
6. Ecology and Management of Urban Green Space
7. English as a Lingua Franca – a New Language?
8. Environmental Ethics in a Global Context
9. Games and History
10. Globalisation, Media and the Cosmopolitan Citizen
11. Heavy Metal Music in Contemporary History and Society
12. Intensive Finnish Course (only for new master's students of the University of Helsinki)
13. Intercultural Communication and Multilingualism
14. Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Nations and Nationalism in Contemporary Europe
15. Introduction to Bioethics
16. Introduction to Finnish Gender Studies
17. Managing Sustainable Forest Landscapes
18. Museums and Memorial Sites: Displaying and Remembering minorities
19. Understanding Finnish Education: From Myths to Realities
20. Science Fiction in Literature and Culture
21. The Welfare City
All rights reserved.
If you are interested in Helsinki Summer School 2015, join the Applicants mailing list to be the first to receive the latest updates of HSS 2015.