The heart and soul of Helsinki Summer School is its wide range of fully-credited courses, all of which are taught in English. Helsinki Summer School offers courses for students doing their Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree. The number of credits (ECTS) given varies depending on the scope of the course. Because of the demanding and intensive nature of our courses, students may be enrolled in only one course at a time.
This year’s summer school gives a great opportunity to deepen your knowledge for example in the themes of behavioral sciences, urban planning, environmental issues and design. You may choose your course preference from the following list.
The course information given on the left is from the year 2013 and not valid for 2014.
Hereunder you can find a list of courses that have been confirmed to take place in the Helsinki Summer School 2014. More information about the courses organised in 2014 will be available in early 2014.
1. Co-operative Enterprise Law
2. Designing Sustainable Forest Landscapes: Ecosystem Services in the Future
3. Ecology and Management of Urban Green Space
4. Intercultural Communication - Inclusion & Exclusion in Multicultural Society
5. Introduction to Bioethics
6. Measuring and Valueing Ecosystem Services
7. Politics of Nations in Contemporary Europe
8. Post-socialist Societies and Cultures
9. Roma and Travellers: Mobility, Persecution and Memory
10. Science Fiction in Literature and Culture
11. The Welfare City
12. Visual Media and Global Politics
13. Physics of Functional Materials