Helsinki Summer School is open to students from all over the world. We also accept a limited number of applications from Finnish students, exchange students enrolled at Finnish universities and professionals.
Our courses are intended for advanced Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD students. Our minimum requirement is that all applicants should have completed at least two years of university studies. All courses are taught in English and although applicants are not required to present an official certificate of language proficiency, students will have to be fluent in English in order to follow the teaching and participate in classroom discussions.
The courses of Helsinki Summer School have grown increasingly popular and many of them are fully booked as early as May. In order to secure your participation, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
1. Log in to our application system and fill in the application form. Remember to submit your application. If a task remains as "follow-up required" this is perfectly normal and you can submit your application regardless of it.
If you have problems with our application system, please contact us at summer-school(at)helsinki.fi.
2. Wait for the e-mail confirmation of your acceptance.
3. Pay the registration fee within one week after receiving the e-mail confirmation.
4. Pay the accommodation fee.
5. Pay the course fee.
6. Pay the social programme fee.
More information about the payments available here.