sikerim seni

bodrum escort

Visa and Passport

Finland is a party to the Schengen Agreement, which allows people to move freely within the Schengen area (all the Nordic countries and the EU with the exception of Great Britain and, Ireland and Cyprus). Accordingly, anyone entering Finland from within the Schengen area needs only a valid passport or some other official document issued for travelling purposes.  Students coming from outside of the Schengen area will need a passport and possibly also a visa.

How can I find out if I need a visa?

Check the list provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland to see if you need a visa in order to enter the Schengen area.

If you need a visa:

Contact the nearest Finnish Embassy for further assistance.
Mark it in your online application and upload a scan of the first page of your passport to your application.


  • The Helsinki Summer School team cannot provide you with any assistance in obtaining a passport or visa.
  • We cannot guarantee that you will receive a visa – the Finnish authoritites make that decision.
  • We strongly recommend that you begin the application process for a visa as early as possible, as it may take many weeks. Please note our cancellation policy should your visa application be denied. We also recommend you do not pay the accommodation fee or the social programme fees before you have been granted a visa.

Make sure that your visa allows for a few travel days both before and after the Summer School session.